[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Garrett M. Brown" <garrett dot m dot brown at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive Portal, fine tuning?
 Date:  Fri, 14 Oct 2005 23:09:00 -0700
Today I attempted and completed my first install of m0n0wall on and older
p3-600/64mb/floppy/cd/2-nic machine. I gotta say, I love this thing!

It does everything I need it too for right now, but in a few weeks I'll be
setting up a free-ish hotspot for a friend - and I'd love to use m0n0wall.

everything is working perfectly with the captive portal right now, I've
created a login page and a m0n0wall user (no radius) and can log into it
from my wireless laptop. My question is: Can I somehow add a rules to users'
accounts?
Like:
JoeUser, gets X% bandwidth for N minutes

Keeping in mind, this is my first install of m0n0wall and I don't have very
much *nix experience - but I'll get as deep as possible.
I'm on a test network and have backed up the configs :-)

Thanks for any and all help!