[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP broken after upgrade from 1.11 to 1.2
 Date:  Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:34:21 -0400
On 10/14/05, Juergen Moellenhoff <jm at oic dot de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded my 1.11 version of monowall to 1.2 and now I can't login
> anymore with PPTP (Windows XP -> monowall). With version 1.11 it was not
> a problem, it worked right out of the box and I used it for a long time.
> Today I upgraded to the 1.2 version (and I changed nothing in the
> configuration, it's the 1.11 config) and now I can't login anymore with
> PPTP, all I get is a "Connnecting to <monowall>" in Windows XP and
> that's it, after a while I get a timeout and Windows XP tries it again.
> Is PPTP in the 1.2 version different from 1.11? Is there something I
> have to enable or disable now? Or is PPTP in the version 1.2 broken?

It seems to work fine out of the box for almost everyone, but there
seem to be some situations where the back end rules that allow GRE and
TCP 1723 for PPTP to work don't get added with the correct WAN IP.  I
haven't been able to replicate it, but have gotten confirmation from
one person that this happened to them.

Go to status.php on your m0n0wall and go down under ipfstat -nio.
Find the rules for TCP 1723 and GRE, and see if they show your correct
WAN IP.

If not, manually add rules to permit TCP 1723 and GRE to your WAN IP
in the Rules page on the WAN interface, and see if it then works.
Please report back what you find, as we have almost no details on this
issue at this point.  Your entire status.php copied and pasted into an
email offlist to me might prove very helpful.

-Chris