[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jared Cebada" <JCebada at smwc dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  igmp
 Date:  Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:38:56 -0500
I need to use igmp for windows file sharing.  I have two interfaces
brideged together with the same subnet 192.168.10.0 . One for my AP and
the other for my switch. File sharing works fine if I'm wired to the
switch, but if I use the ap I can't find the surver. I check the
firewall log and find that it is blocking igmp on the AP interface. Why
is it blocking if the interfaces are bridged and the firewall rules
allow all. Does monowall know how to route the IGMP multicast groups????
  Heres where it gets weird the reason I bridged these two interfaces
together was to get this working, which it did. However after some time
it broke. What happened and what do I do to fix it. Or does the latest
version better support these options.