[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jason King <jking at informs dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPSec VPN Question
 Date:  Mon, 17 Oct 2005 18:09:13 -0500
Here is an interesting scenario for the list. I have a remote user that
needs to connect to our home offices via IPSec VPN. We can get the
tunnel working just fine and the endpoint lands in the LAN section of
the network. Well, we have a DMZ segment that she also needs to have
access to and with the current VPN settings, she is unable to connect to it.

Like so:

          Home PC (192.168.37.100)

Linksys VPN Router(192.168.37.1)
                |                \
                |V               \
                |P            Internet
                |N           /
                |            /
          m0n0wall
LAN               DMZ
(192.168.1.1)    (10.0.0.1)
She routes perfectly to the LAN segment, but she is unable to route to
the DMZ.  A tracert shows that the packet destined for my DMZ is routing
itself out to the internet instead of down the VPN tunnel. I have added
a static route to the linksys but it is still trying to route out to the
internet. Any other ideas?

Jason