[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manapua <soekris at manapua dot net>
 To:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 Cc:  dlawley at gmail dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PDS2300 - Install procedures
 Date:  Mon, 17 Oct 2005 21:57:55 -1000
It pretty much looks like an older Neoware box. From the pictures i've seen of a Neoware 2000/3000
they look identical. Same port layout on the back. But the front does not look like any Neoware i've
seen. The hole in the back is for an audio port bracket (from the pictures of the Neoware.) Do a
search on eBay for Neoware and you will see just how alike they are.

There isn't much on the web about the Neoware hardware. They seem to boot off the DiskOnChip socket.
They don't have a HD activity LED.

You can get a used Neoware box on eBay for about the same or double the price he is selling these
for. These are brand new and very clean. The BIOS is very standard looking. Not sure if the Neoware
BIOS is crippled or not. The Wyse terminals i've seen had stripped down BIOS controls.

I may get a Neoware box just to figure out how the audio header is wired. Stick it next to my stereo
with a wifi card in it.