[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  jcassel at softwaresedge dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trouble Connecting to XO T1
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:13:09 -0400
I am trying to replace a generic netgear router with a m0n0wall [Net4501]. I
have install this same setup in several other locations with no issues. Only
thing that is different is the at this is a T1 from XO and not a DSL or Cable
connection. I can't seem to get the network interface on the M0n0wall to light
up. I also tried to connect using a crossover with no success. I am baffled as
to what the issue could be. This connection works if I use the Netgear router.

I can connect the M0nowall to the internal(lan side of the router) with no
issues. It works fine. I know it is a physical connection issue because when
connected to the lan or a cable modem it works like expected.

Has anyone seen this before? Can you give me some direction. I looked on the
list archive and found no direct references.

I really need a little advice here I'm starting to get some bad internal press
on the M0n0wall/real firewall issue.

John