[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sergei Kostigoff" <sergei at kostigoff dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  icmp echo
 Date:  Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:43:42 +0300
Hello All,

First of all thanks much for great carefully designed m0n0wall...:) Using
it on a Fw dedicated PC with enjoyment.

Second, let me ask a (?stupid) questions.

It is clear that m0n0wall does not allow to be pinged from outside WAN. I
have looked mail list archive, and it is confirmed there. But what if I
would like to switch icmp echo on? Shall I hack inside the scripts and
then re-build the system or there is a way to unblock such echo in web
interface?

And what is the potential breach of security if m0n0wall will respond to
pings?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Sergei