[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  zealot <zealot at tradersguild dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Mini-itx
 Date:  Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:20:26 -0600
ccesario wrote:
> I intend  to use HD or CF, and VIA EPIA CL 6000 Dual LAN/4S Fanless M/B.
> Therefore that I'm researching about compatibility.
> Greats
> Carlos
>
> Huub Reuver writes:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 04, 2004 at 03:44:41AM +0000, ccesario wrote:
>>

>>> Hey... did anybody test m0n0wall in some mini-itx?
>>> Does some exist mini-itx 100% compatible with m0n0wall?
>>> Per example.... VIA EPIA CL 6000 Dual LAN/4S Fanless M/B is compatible?
>>

>> An Epia is just another x86-compatible pc. If you use the older C3 or
>> the Eden it will be i486 compatible. The newer Nehemiah will be i586
>> compatible (some software compiles for 'i686').
>> It will work with the generic image although I have not tested it.
>> The CD-version should also work.
>> It is just a standard pc. You should worry about how the pc is going
>> to load the image. Does it use IDE, a CF-card or a CD?
>> PXE/TFTP seems not yet an option.
>> With regards,
>> Huub

ccesario,

references to mini-itx machines running m0n0wall from people who use
them. My m0n0wall setup runs on a  VIA Eden series Processor 533 MHz
with 32 Mb compact flash card from Sandisk. M0n0wall's generic-pc image
(http://m0n0.ch/wall/downloads.php) installed easily and works without
hiccups.

zealot