[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eileen Kelleher" <eileen at kelltech dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Basic DMZ Question
 Date:  Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:58:04 -0700
I have a basic question about setting up a computer on the DMZ segment.
The machine I want to set up is a web server that is going to make
database requests from a SQL machine on the LAN segment.

I think I can set up the rule to allow this access but in order for the
communication to happen I have to set up a route on the web server to
the internal segment so the packet will find the database machine, don't
I? Or does the firewall do this automatically with the default route?

If I have to set up the route myself, what address do I use for the
gateway?

Thanks much, I really haven't set up a real DMZ as of yet and can use
the help.

Eileen Kelleher

eileen at kelltech dot biz