[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>, Alan Horn <ahorn at deorth dot org>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] keep state question.
 Date:  Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:56:22 -0700
At 02:47 AM 1/2/2004, Falcor wrote:
>I still would never personally want ICMP from the WAN to my LAN... but
>that is just me.

The problem is that people tend to think of ICMP only in relation to
ping.  It is, in fact, part of the IP protocol, and to be a good citizen on
the net you should let it through.  Else (for example) how would a machine
on your LAN do MTU discovery?

         -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400