[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>, Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] windows built in "ident"...
 Date:  Sun, 4 Jan 2004 18:38:05 -0700
At 10:03 PM 1/3/2004, Mitch \(WebCob\) wrote:
>Regardless of the complexities here, there is a requirement for an
>identd-like socket ownership resolver (which I have seen done with a
>windows based TCP monitoring tool), my real interest was in controlling
>SYNC/ACK processing based on a syncronous request to what ammounts to an
>authentication mechanism.

If I understand where you're going, this still doesn't sound like something
you would want on a firewall (especially a low-end one).  Something more
like a RADIUS server working with an HTTP proxy seems more appropreate.

         -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228