[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  adam at ruffdogs dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Bridge DMZ w/ WAN; LAN -> DMZ not working
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jan 2004 11:33:12 -0700
Hello,

I have a setup which I don't know if it's too unusual or not.  We have 128 IPs
on our WAN, let's call it x.x.x.0/25.  We also have a 192.168.0/24 LAN.   I'd
like the WAN interface on the m0n0wall to be x.x.x.2, serving the NAT'd LAN
behind that.  My DMZ interface needs to be bridges with the LAN interface so we
can firewall x.x.x.0/25 hosts behind the DMZ nic.

This works fine, but traffic from/to x.x.x.2 (and the 192.168.0.0/24 NAT'd
network behind it) does not make it to hosts behind the DMZ nic.

Is this a known limitation or bug?  Would a pf-based (ala OpenBSD or freebsd's
port) firewall work for this?

thanks,
Adam