[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "SDamron" <sdamron at globalmtn dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Firewall again.
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:04:54 -0700
Hello,

I still am getting my bottom kicked by the firewall.  I wish to be able to
do the following, and here is my setup.

I have 1:1 nat coming in on my WAN interface to 3 email servers on my LAN
side

Like so:
123.123.123.5(WAN)----->192.168.1.5(LAN)
123.123.123.7(WAN)----->192.168.1.7(LAN)
123.123.123.10(WAN)----->192.168.1.10(LAN)

I want to limit the access coming from the WAN side to certain ports only,
ie, they are mail servers, so ports 25,110,143.

Here is my current firewall, it is pretty much stock.

WAN interface
Proto Source Port Destination Port Description
TCP * * LAN net *

TCP * * * * allow all

LAN interface
Proto Source Port Destination Port Description
* LAN net * * * Default LAN -> any

I know this is pretty much a no brainer, but my firewall knowledge is
lacking, I searched google, and there was sooo much information, it about
overloaded my brain!!!

Any help would REALLLY be appreciated.

Scott