[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'SDamron'" <sdamron at globalmtn dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Firewall again.
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:48:19 +0100

Are you the only admin for 3 publicly available mailservers? Hmmm...

> I know this is pretty much a no brainer, but my firewall knowledge is
> lacking, I searched google, and there was sooo much
> information, it about
> overloaded my brain!!!

I think you will HAVE to read up on firewalling, because telling you what to
do will not secure you at all. I could even tell you to do stuff that let me
take control over your servers with you thinking I just helped you.

You will have to add specific rules to let in traffic (connections, in fact)
on the specified ports to the specified servers. Block all other
connections, in both directions. If you look a bit at the GUI, you will fast
figure out what I mean.
Trial and error is a great help to learn too, but I hope nobody is depending
on those 3 mailservers.

Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT

DISCLAIMER