[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  dave at rodrig dot com, capcavern <capcavern at fastmail dot fm>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] just disk
 Date:  Fri, 02 Jan 2004 23:53:54 -0500
Having read the installation notes for the generic PC install I think
that'd be my first choice, but assuming you don't have ready access to a
second machine but did have a spare CD around, would it be possible to do
this via one of the bootable CD distros like Knoppix, etc.?  Just curious
at this point, but that scenario seems to be not all that unreasonable.

later...
Melvin

At 11:04 PM 1/2/2004, dave wrote:
>You can't install from the cdrom to the HD, it's either cdrom/floppy or
>just the HD.
>
>There's no need for the cdrom, but you do need another machine to dump the
>image to your 1G HD.....read the instructions at:
>
>http://m0n0.ch/wall/installation_generic.php
>

>capcavern wrote:
>>I want install m0n0wall on a machine who has only a hard drive of 1G.I'll
>>plug just for the time of installation an cdrom.this machine has no floppy.
>>can i install it ??
>>thank you

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick any two