[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>
 To:  M0N0Wall firewall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Netmask format
 Date:  Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:11:01 +0000 (GMT)
Any thought on having the netmask for the WAN interface in a numeric
format like 255.255.255.248, besides the current format.
That would be a great help for those of us not familiar with subnetting
(ie those of us that are only part time admins and only do small and not
frequent setups).

I was lucky enough that I had easy access to the net so I found a TCP/IP
calculator to find out that I needed to have <IP>/29 in M0n0wall, but I
figure some people may be trying to set it up with nothing but a printout
from the ISP in which case they simply will be stuck.