[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ian Cartwright <ian351c at cox dot net>
 To:  pacneil at linuxgeek dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Permit all
 Date:  Wed, 07 Jan 2004 07:20:58 -0700
On Wed, 2004-01-07 at 02:34, Neil Schneider wrote:
> Am I correct in assuming that even if I put rules in that say
> allow any from * to * on both interfaces, there are still firewalling
> rules I cannot override? I know that I shouldn't run that way, but for
> testing purposes on my testing network, it has some uses to me.

Neil,

This is correct. You can override this in two ways (that I know of):
make your own image with those rules taken out, or use the
http://m0n0wall/exec.php URL to execute ipf(8) commands to delete the
rules you don't want on the fly. The first method is permanent, but has
a steeper learning curve, IMO. The second is probably easier, but won't
last between reboots.

Hope this helps.

Ian