[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francisco Reyes <lists at natserv dot com>
 To:  Brandon Holland <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Netmask format
 Date:  Wed, 7 Jan 2004 10:06:46 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Brandon Holland wrote:

> Actually, IMO CIDR is easier than the "old way" of classes.

The problem is that, in my experience, ISPs still give this "old way".
What I was working on yesterday was client's network. His ISP gave him
255.255.255.248 as his netmask.

> Take a quick peak at subnetting on google and it'll give you everything
> you need (and more).

I have no doubt there is plenty of info on this. It's just that for those
of us that deal with subnetting irregularly we probably will not remember
the next time around. :-)

I will, however, take your advice and at the very least take one shot at
going over the info once. Maybe it's easy enough that the next time I need
to do this I will remember..