[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Daniel Fabian" <mono at fabiand dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP VPN Newbie Question
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 15:43:33 +0200
Hello!

I'm currently using IPCop as firewall for our company, but would like to switch to m0n0, as I need
multiple DMZs (which IPCop does not support, but m0n0 does). However, before I install m0n0, I had a
couple of questions. I tried to look through the archives and documentation, but I'm still unsure
about one thing.

In our setup, roadwarriors need to connect to m0n0 and establish an encrypted connection. However
the clients might be behind a NATing device. The documentation says with IPSec VPN that's not
possible. Can PPTP VPN do that? And what about PPTP VPN security? I've never heard anything about
PPTP VPNs. Could anyone perhaps supply me with a link?

Thanks in advance,
fabian