[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping Question
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:47:39 -0500
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:11:36 -0500
Bill Kervaski <bill at kervaski dot com> wrote:

> If I wanted to make sure traffic passed on port 54321 always gets
> prioritized, how would I setup my pipe/queue/rules?

	Did you find

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=35/88

?  Pipes dictate bandwidth, queues dictate priority.  So your rule
(assuming inbound/downloaded traffic) would have source port 54321,
destination port any, and be sent to your high priority download queue,
which sends the traffic to the appropriate download pipe.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Old Virus Detected, Contact Hacker For Update (Y/N)

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~