[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Survey
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:23:35 -0500
From: "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>

> The discussion about m0n0wall's future (on m0n0wall-dev) has shown
> that we need some input from our users - therefore, a new survey is
> being conducted on m0n0.ch. We hope that the results will help us
> determine which direction m0n0wall development should take in the
> future, so if you use m0n0wall in a production environment (even if
> it's just at home), you can help us by completing it. The survey may
> of course be submitted anonymously. Thank you very much!

> http://m0n0.ch/wall/survey.php

I did it, but...  The survey was a bit limiting.  For example, on the "Check
3 important things" where was Captive Portal and RADIUS?  With all of the
talk about Jonathan De Graeve's patches, I would think it's importance would
be obvious.  Also, several questions that had absolute answers when mine was
more ambivalent.  And the code submission questions left out the mane reason
I have done no development, and it ain't language.  Frankly, there is no
easy and well documented way to rip apart and recompress an image.  A
windows based tool for this would open floodgates of development, in my
opinion.  And this e-mail is addressing my last problem with the survey, a
lack of a comments field. :-)

All gripes aside, m0n0wall is a fantastic tool.  I think the fact that it is
so close to perfect is what drives everybody to push so hard.  If only you
would implement "my request" it would be perfect. :-)

                                Lee