[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping Question
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:38:38 -0500
On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:18:12 -0500
Justin Ellison <justin at techadvise dot com> wrote:

> > downloads should be source port 80, destination port any.
> > To prioritize outgoing HTTP requests it would be the reverse.
>
> Not quite... source port should be any, destination port should be port
> 80.

	If the web server uses port 80 and the client uses a random port
how is what I said incorrect?  I think you are describing the outgoing
HTTP request (port any -> port 80 on the web server)?

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't grow in it?

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~