[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kristian Shaw" <monowall at wealdclose dot co dot uk>
 To:  <Peter at iwebsl dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] NT4 networking and m0n0
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:23:33 +0100
Hello,

I believe for NT4 you need to allow all the NetBT services (137, 138, 139),
WINS (42), EPMAP (135) and all the high ports (everthing > 1024) to the PDC.

In other words your DMZ/LAN seperation will be poor if you need NT4 domain
traffic to pass.

A workgroup might be the answer unless you use NT Authentication on your web
(e.g. for Frontpage) or you use Exchange for email.

Regards,

Kris.