[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Survey
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:29:53 -0400
On 10/18/05, Seth Martin <SethM at turbinegenerator dot com> wrote:
> I could be way off but I think the questions were generated to target
> key issues that are under debate and get statistical answers and not
> just general info.  Captive Portal and Radius are a absolute must I
> don't think they are in question.  Comments and ambiguous answers don't
> help for that reason.

yep, that's true.  That's almost all our list of OS comparison points
from the wiki (which is what that survey was based on).  These are the
things that are questionable at this point, and we're using the
statistical answers for determining the priorities on these items.

It's our sneaky way of getting you to tell us which OS is best suited
for your wants.  You might select that you think it should be OpenBSD,
but select that wireless card support and high throughput are your two
most critical features (in which case you're contradicting yourself,
but most users won't realize that).  Things like that.

There are enough comments in the ~100 page long thread on the -dev
list.  :)  But of course you're welcome to make comments on this list
or the -dev list.

> But I thought the same thing as you when I took it too.  Also I have 3
> monowall's in use (it asked that) and it only asked about the speeds of
> 1 connection, I have 3 diff connections, one for each.

For those questions, it states "average" if you have more than one.
Median would be what we're really looking for, but left with "average"
for better understandability I'm sure.

-Chris