[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  jcassel at softwaresedge dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Trouble Connecting to XO T1
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:50:16 -0400
There are several replies as of my reading this so i will try to reply to all
here. First Thanks for the feedback guys/gals

OK the netgear model number is RP614v2 (any real world Knowledge on this model
would help)
I read the spec and I did not find any indication that it is special,
but I was
told that "They" the people be for me tried a bunch of routers that did not
work. This leads to the theory that it might have a built in CSU/DSU. But that
seems like an odd thing for a residential type router.

As for the way I am connecting I would like to remove the Netgear router from
the equation. There are too many cheap switches in this place that I am not
sure I found them all. One less would be a good thing.

If it turns out to be a CSU/DSU issue what are the alternatives? I really want
to use a small low power device that has no moving parts to worry about.

Thanks again for the help.