[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  mono at fabiand dot net
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP VPN Newbie Question
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:05:29 +0200
Hi Daniel!

Am Dienstag, den 18.10.2005, 15:43 +0200 schrieb Daniel Fabian:
> In our setup, roadwarriors need to connect to m0n0 and establish
> an encrypted connection. However the clients might be behind a NATing
> device. The documentation says with IPSec VPN that's not possible.
> Can PPTP VPN do that? And what about PPTP VPN security? I've never
> heard anything about PPTP VPNs. Could anyone perhaps supply me
> with a link?

Yes, PPTP could do this. Search on google for this. However, I would
prefer OpenVPN over PPTP because of its stronger encryption, usage of
certificates and better handling of natted connections. IPSec on
m0n0wall lecks some really needed features like NAT-T or filtering
interfaces which are often needed in road warrior scenarios.

Ciao ...

 copyleft(c) by |           Odd that we think definitions are
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     definitive. :-)  -- Larry Wall in