[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Survey
 Date:  Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:28:23 -0500
Chris Buechler wrote:

>It's our sneaky way of getting you to tell us which OS is best suited
>for your wants.  You might select that you think it should be OpenBSD,
>but select that wireless card support and high throughput are your two
>most critical features (in which case you're contradicting yourself,
>but most users won't realize that).  Things like that.

I would have appreciated a "don't care" option -- I don't care about the
OS, I care about things like high throughput, disaster recovery, ease of
use, ease of troubleshooting, hardware support (mostly just that it
plays nice on whatever hardware I happen to find laying around),
performance on inadequate hardware.

You can base it off of OS/2 Warp for all I care, if it meets everybody's
needs.

--
Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill?