[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "TAYLAN KIRAN" <tkiran at ku dot edu dot tr>
 To:  "FALCONER, Craig" <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] one ethernet card
 Date:  Wed, 19 Oct 2005 08:49:23 +0300
Thanks for your answers :)

But as i know it is possible to have a routing process with one ethernet card with or without
vlans.
think that the ip address of lan core switch router is 10.0.0.1
ip address of  linux firewall is 10.0.0.2
ip address of inner interface of wan router is 10.0.0.3
I disable icmp-redirect messages on all routers . and set the routing tables properly.
then everything is okay.
maybe it is possible to use the firewall transparent.

>>> Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz> 18.10.2005 22:25:33 >>>

No, you require two NICs.

Remember m0n0wall is a router in its own right, so it could replace either router, or maybe even
both!