[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex Threlfall" <alex at cyberprog dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  M0n0wall as an VPN Router?
 Date:  Thu, 20 Oct 2005 02:02:01 +0100
Hi All,

	Yet another crazy set of questions I'd like some advice on!

	I've got a client who wants to get a VPN link between two branches.
They want to have bidirectional access between the branches and will shortly
be getting SDSL to make things easier (1Mb in Branch A, 512Kb in Branch B).

	I've only ever used m0n0wall as an VPN server, but how easy is it to
setup to connect to a remote m0n0wall and route between them? I think I'd
need to set it up so that Branch A uses 10.0.0.x and Branch B uses 10.0.1.x,
then I'd need to find some way of having traffic for the other branch passed
automatically across a VPN link.

	What's the best way of going about setting this up? My initial
thought was to go for a Sonicwall appliance, but then I remembered that m0n0
has VPN functions and is a hell of a lot cheaper! Any advice on which way to
go would be appreciated!

Kind Regards,

  Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media