[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nat trouble
 Date:  Wed, 19 Oct 2005 21:02:18 -0400
On 10/19/05, Alain Morgado <alainmorgado at gmail dot com> wrote:
> hi guys i am having trouble with a nat setup.... I have setup 1:1 and
> also
> tried inbound for an internal email server. With inbound i had it
> automatically setup firewall wall rules... but smtp is still not coming
> in.

For 1:1, you need the 1:1 entry, most likely need proxy ARP on the
public IP for the 1:1, and a firewall rule allowing any source IP and
any source port to destination the *private IP* (NAT is applied first,
then firewall rules, unlike many other firewalls) of the mail server
destination port 25.

Firewall logs are a good place to check.

-Chris