[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] design issues
 Date:  Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:22:38 -0500
From: "Martin" <martin dot dino at mail dot ee>

> Hi!

> not dual wan.
> i'll try to explain little more.
> there's allready a two local area networks my own and other.
> I want to make others a possiblity to use my wan for internet because
> other wan is hardly managed by school.

Easy.  Or not...  You will need some information.
First, the default gateway for your LAN at school.  It should be on all of
your friends computers.
Second, all of the static routes for your school up to the internet.  This
could be tougher, but it may not be needed.  You may only need some subnets,
but if you want to get to the internal servers, you will need to know where
they are.
Last, IP addresses.  Either from the school LAN, or you can lay them on top
of the school network as long as they don't conflict anywhere.  Either way,
you will be unable to use DHCP.

Now, all of your friends must have a static IP with a default gateway of
your m0n0wall box.  Your LAN (or OPT) must have a static IP in that subnet.
You must also have static routes to the schools default gateway.  You may
also need to use the schools DNS servers to resolve internal school systems.

                        Lee