[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Gray" <don at netcaliber dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP Practical Hardware Limitations?
 Date:  Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:37:36 -0700
I've got a client needing a VPN solution for remote users.  They are
considering a Cisco VPN Concentrator but are hindered by the cost; I told
them about m0n0 and they were interested.  They currently don't require a
large number of users to access their network but will in the future.  I
found Chris' page on how to increase the number of allowable PPTP
connections through software BUT what are the hardware considerations?  How
can I calculate how many concurrent connections are possible for a given
hardware setup?  Has anyone else used m0n0 in this way?

Thanks,
Don Gray