[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] RADIUS Question: Nas-Ip-Address
 Date:  Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:52:23 -0500
From: "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>

> What should be the value of this attribute?

> Should it be the wan, lan or any other value?

> It currently isn't present in M0n0wall 1.2 and some users seem to need
> it....

> I personally would prefer a static var like the ip of a 'loopback'
> device.

The way I read the RFC is that it should be the WAN port of the m0n0wall
box.  An FYI for everyone, the RADIUS RFCs are public.  Good reading as
well...  Too bad most vendors don't read them. ;-)

Authentication requirements
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2865.html

Accounting requirements
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2866.html