[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bjoern Euler (lists at edain)" <lists at edain dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Practical Hardware Limitations?
 Date:  Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:55:30 +0200
Don Gray wrote:
> How can I calculate how many concurrent connections are possible for a given
> hardware setup?  Has anyone else used m0n0 in this way?

In most cases the limitation is the internet connection that the
pptp/vpn users will connect from and connect to.
For the m0n0wall PPTP gateway you need to know how fast the internet
connection is, if it is likely that the internet connection will be
upgraded and what the estimated number of users is.

A rough assumption (based on no facts) is that a P3 based device with
Intel nics and 256MB DDR memory will suffice.

Also have a look at: http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/hardware-sizing.html

Regards