[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex Threlfall" <alex at cyberprog dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Another Crazy Question, Connection Failover?
 Date:  Fri, 21 Oct 2005 01:43:56 +0100
I'm trying to work out how to achieve WAN failover for my home connection,
what's the best way of going about it?
The plan is for an ADSL and SDSL link provided by different companies with
both coming into separate Network ports on the m0n0wall. How should it be
setup, I'll also be using an IPSEC tunnel to the office, and I'd like that
to be able to failover if possible, or if that's not possible for an second
IPSEC tunnel to connect to the backup ADSL on both ends and ensure that we
still have connectivity.
Any ideas? I know it probably sounds crazy!

Think I've worked out the IPSEC tunnels now though, thanks to all who helped
with that the other night.

Kind Regards,

  Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media