[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Olive <chris at technologEase dot com>
 To:  M0n0Wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trying to forward port 25 to internal server, isn't working
 Date:  Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:54:08 -0400
Ed Chatlos wrote:

> It might not be M0n0, it is more than likely your ISP is blocking port
> 25 so you can't run a mail server on a residential account. If you
> have a business account then Never Mind.

I would almost bet this is the case.  You should at least see the
request hit the WAN interface I would think even if your rules aren't
exactly right (hence Manuel's request for log entries).  Cox in US
blocks port 25; it wouldn't surprise me if Verizon did as well.  This is
becoming common for US-based ISPs.  Otherwise, try the test already
suggested by someone else -- run your SMTP server from another port and
try to connect to that port over the WAN interface.  (Telnet to port 25
on your LAN only proves that SMTP is running on your LAN which doesn't
help you prove or disprove anything related to your FW.)

-chris