[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Ethernet Cards and Appliances
 Date:  Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:04:11 -0400
On 10/21/05, Jim Thompson <jim at netgate dot com> wrote:

> In the 4.11 driver there is logic to support the interrupt coalesce
> function, but they are set to default values.  These are exposed via
> sysctl, but I doubt that m0n0wall goes out of its way to make these
> EZ to change.   (The 'auto setup' via 'ifconfig fxpN link0' isn't in
> FreeBSD 4.11.)

link0 is in 4.11.

At my request, Manuel changed m0n0wall to automatically throw in the
link0 in ifconfig on all fxp's since ~1.2b8 or so.  For the ones that
don't support it, I don't believe it has any adverse effect (and
personally, I've yet to run into a fxp that doesn't, and I have dozens
of them).

> (I haven't checked to see if pfSense sets link0.)

it behaves the same as m0n0wall, always sets it.

-Chris