[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Richard Park <richard at teamabalone dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trouble with opt1 and opt2 for v.1.2
 Date:  Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:33:46 -0700
Hello,

I have a multihomed box (WAN, LAN, Wireless, and DMZ) running
pc-generic.  I had version 1.11 working where computers on the Wireless
network and DMZ were able to browse out and the Wireless network was
able to access the LAN.
I switched to version 1.2 last night.  Instead of upgrading, I went
ahead and rebuilt my configuration manually.  My problem is the Wireless
network and DMZ are unable to browse.  In fact, no one is able to reach
the firewall NIC, ie ping the wireless network default Gateway.  I tried
replacing the wireless AP with a switch (reduce complexity) and it still
doesn't work. The funny thing: I can get the firewall to issue DHCP IP
addresses to my laptop but I can't ping the gateway or browse out.  The
other thing, I can ping the wireless network gateway from the LAN; I
guessing the there are no rules that prevent pings to that specific IP.
Is there a new setting that prevents access from default?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Richard