[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ed Chatlos" <edchat at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  "M0n0Wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ftp question
 Date:  Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:24:05 -0400
I wish M0n0 dealt with FTP better. I have used many different router and
never had any problem with any of them accessing my home LAN FTP server
except M0n0. All I had to do was forward port 21 to the IP of the PC running
the FTP server and create a firewall rule for it, on routers that do have a
real firewall, and BAM I can connect from a remote location. NOT so with
M0n0. You have to jump through many hoops to get it to work. I have now
stopped using M0n0 on a everyday basis and gone back to my Zyxel ZyWall5 for
just this reason.
That is what I would like to see in future releases.

Ed Chatlos

edchat at bellsouth dot net