[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Handbook as pdf file available?
 Date:  Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:56:13 -0500
From: "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
On 10/22/05, Henk Zomer <henk dot zomer at hetnet dot nl> wrote:

>> I was wondering whether the Handbook is available as .pdf file?
>> Or should I spend some time in creating a .pdf file myself from the HTML
>> format?
>> And if so, does anyone have interest in such a m0n0wallhandbook.pdf?

> It's asked for a few times.  The reason we added the single page HTML
> version is so people can easily print it, or convert it to PDF.  With
> the number of free PDF converters out there, I don't think we need an
> official PDF distribution.

Actually, I find a local copy of the HTML easier to navigate.  And it loads
faster than Acrobat Reader!  What I would like, however, is some way to get
a local copy of the developer handbook.  Sometimes I have time to work and
no network connection...  Or worse, a slow network connection!  Any
possibility of a single page dev guide, or a zip of the multiple pages
relatively linked?  Thanks,

                        Lee