[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Re: Optimization for VOIP
 Date:  Sun, 23 Oct 2005 18:51:11 +0100
Be aware that different devices use different RTP port ranges. Asterisk
defaults to 10000-20000, but this is easily configurable in rtp.conf.
Grandstream devices tend to use 5004-5008, I'm sure other devices (sipura,
cisco, etc.) all use different ranges.

What would be useful is to know how you've arranged the weights on your
queues. I tend to shove VoIP queues with a weight of 80, generic net access
around a weight of 17, leaving 2 for "hated" (FTP, etc.) and 1 for
"despised" (BitTorrent, etc.)

Regards,

Chris