[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Craig FALCONER <cfalconer at avonside dot school dot nz>
 To:  'Tom' <tomvaldes at comcast dot net>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] helping remote users - what's recommended
 Date:  Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:46:02 +1300
Tom - do you have static IP?

If so, then when creating your firewall rule make sure the source is your
IP.

If its dynamic within a small range then simply allow that network (its
unlikely your ummediate neighbours will hack your folk's box :)

Another thought... Allow administration via https from the wan, and turn
on/off the NAT yourself.  Again this could be chained down to your source
IP/range

Failing that - ask someone who does have a static IP for a shell/bounce.