[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Steve Yates <steve at teamITS dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Shaping Question: Several Pipes for WAN
 Date:  Mon, 24 Oct 2005 22:58:23 -0500
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 02:55:38 +0000
"Marcelo Webber" <marcewebb at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Q1: Do Pipes Sum total amount and uses WAN for 1024K?

	Yes.  In your second example High+Bulk traffic would be able to
use up to 768k of download bandwidth.

> Q2: Or should I build LAN pipes to divide the total bandwith?

	If you set a source or destination mask on a pipe you will end
up with 256k *per connection* probably not what you want.

> Q4: Should it be convenient to change Small Packet Rules (Up and Down) to
> the Bulk Queue?

	If the "hated" rule is at the top of the shaper rules list, that
will match first.  I believe the Small Packet rules are below the P2P
rules by default so they will not apply.

 - Steve Yates
 - ITS, Inc.
 - Taxation WITH representation ain't so hot, either.

~ Taglines by Taglinator 4 - www.srtware.com ~1