[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ed Chatlos" <edchat at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  "M0n0Wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] newbie. moving from m0n0+adsl modem (ppoe) to m0n0+adsl router
 Date:  Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:23:27 -0400
As I see it you have 2 choices, or 3 but the first 2 are the easiest.
1. Remove the M0n0 box and use the SMC as modem and router.
2. Set the SMC into bridge mode, NO router, NAT, firewall or PPPoE function,
and do all the NAT and firewalling along with the PPPoE logon with the M0n0
box.

3. Use the SMC for modem, PPPoE, Router, NAT and firewall, and set the M0n0
box to bridge mode to use the Opt interface if needed. But I really don't
recommend this.

Ed Chatlos

edchat at bellsouth dot net