[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Ed Chatlos <edchat at bellsouth dot net>
 Cc:  M0n0Wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] newbie. moving from m0n0+adsl modem (ppoe) to m0n0+adsl router
 Date:  Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:30:48 +0200
Am Dienstag, den 25.10.2005, 07:23 -0400 schrieb Ed Chatlos:
> As I see it you have 2 choices, or 3 but the first 2 are the easiest.
> 1. Remove the M0n0 box and use the SMC as modem and router.
> 2. Set the SMC into bridge mode, NO router, NAT, firewall or PPPoE function,
> and do all the NAT and firewalling along with the PPPoE logon with the M0n0
> box.
> 3. Use the SMC for modem, PPPoE, Router, NAT and firewall, and set the M0n0
> box to bridge mode to use the Opt interface if needed. But I really don't
> recommend this.
4. Use the SMC for modem, PPPoE, Router, NAT and firewall, and use the
M0n0 for Router, NAT and firewall. But I really don't recommend this,
either.

I would prefer (2). Use the SMC for modem only.

BR,
   PIT

 copyleft(c) by |           Perhaps I'm missing the gene for
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     making enemies. :-)  -- Larry Wall in