[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Tarun Kundhi" <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 To:  "Josh Hyles" <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Breaking
 Date:  Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:39:35 -0500
I think your issues are coming from the LinkSys device. I don't think it is
operating like a switch should. Recheck the physical connections and the
device configuration. I just setup my m0n0wall to do exactly what you are
attempting with a Netgear wireless router acting as an AP & switch. I've
been meaning to try this so it was excuse to get it done, now.

Here is my configuration:

m0n0wall 1.2 on PII, 400MHz, 3 NICs (1 3Com built in, 2 D-Link (realteck
PCI))
WAN (rl0)
--- LAN (rl1) --- switch - clients
        |-------netgear MR314 (static ip)- wired & wireless clients (nothing
plugged into the WAN port)
--- DMZ (xl0) --- switch - HTTP server

Regarding captive portal configuration:
Enable captive portal
interface = LAN
Idle timeout 60 minutes
Hard timeout 120 minutes
Authentication: local
Portal Page: I used the HTML code Angel give you.

Note, I did configure several pass-through MAC addresses so those machines
wouldn't see the portal page. Currently, I have 6 computers on the LAN
interface and only 1 gets the portal page as intended.

To determine if the problem is the LinkSys, bypass it. Plug your laptop
directly into the m0n0wall (you may need a crossover cable). See what happen
on the portal.

t.