[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  "'James W. McKeand'" <james at mckeand dot biz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] NAT mysteriously stops
 Date:  Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:58:03 +0100
Are you sure the client doesn't have a compromised Windows box somewhere on
site spewing out rubbish every few milliseconds on 135-139 looking for other
machines to infect?

There have been a few occasions where I've had firewalls stop accepting
connections for seemingly no reason and it's been traced down to a client PC
clogging up the state table with millions of entries as it looks for other
victims.

Regards,

Chris