[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Josh Hyles <josh dot maillists at gmail dot com>
 To:  Tarun Kundhi <tkundhi at inebraska dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Breaking
 Date:  Tue, 25 Oct 2005 22:49:21 -0400
Thanks Tarun for the help. I did as you suggested and turned captive
portal to my LAN in stead of my OPT1 (wifi) and it worked flawless. I
had a feeling it was the linksys, but I have no idea what
configuration to use in place of what I have. I actully have the WAN
disabled opposed to looking for a dhcp server, and there is a cable
going from the switch portion of the linksys to the OPT1 card on the
monowall.

Ok, i give up. In order to rule out more and more things I decided I
would plug my laptop into a wire on the switch of the OPT1 interface,
but before I did that I wanted to make sure it was still broken from
before. Well, it wasnt. and I have no idea what I did lol. I tried
putting any settings back to the way I had them before... on the
linksys, but no luck. The only thing enabled is "Disable mac filter"

Just unchecked "disable mac filtering" and it stopped working again,
and then re-enabled it and it started working again. It didnt do that
before so i must have not saved the setting or whatever, its working
fine now though. I'd still like to know some good PCI-PCMCIA +
wireless card setups so i can ditch the linksys or use it for WDS

Thanks again for everyones help.