[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  YARICK <yarick at yarick dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: Optimization for VOIP
 Date:  Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:07:27 +0500
On 10/25/05, YARICK <yarick at yarick dot com> wrote:
> Ladies and Gents,
> after further analyzing the situation I have noticed that my traffic
> optimization rules do not really seem to identify traffic with the rules ALL
> protocols 1-9999 ports. Why is that ?
> The rule that works is the one where the packets identified by SRC/DST ip
> address.
> Please see screenshots below.
>
> --Yarick

Yarick, I have already mentioned the reason for this -
> rules like
> LAN TCP * Port: 443 (HTTPS) * Port: 443 (HTTPS)  Pipe 2
> are incorrect. If you are trying to prioritise HTTPS traffic
> from the LAN network then the source port will also be
> * (not 443).
To clarify => just specify the destination port - you almost never
want to specify the source port. The source port should almost always
be ANY.

Also I suggest that you stop using direction -  keep direction as ANY.
You are using ip address and destination port so dont need the
direction.

sai