[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Radek Zbyszynski <radekzb at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Firewall, why it doesnt work?
 Date:  Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:14:41 +0100
Hello

I would like to ask if there is any tutorial or web page with screenshots of
firewall rules ? I've checked everywere i could but i can't find an answer
to my problems. Thing is i've triedn so many times to block specific port in
the firewall but it's still accesable. for example i've got messenger
program (using port 4 example 4567) I've tried to block that port in so many
diffrent ways but messenger is still working and i don't see in log that it
was blocked. Im sure that this prog using only that port. I even tried to
block IP adresses this messenger is using to log in but still it doesn't
work. I can do it on my netgear router but i cant do it on monowall. Thats
only exaple, can anyone please give me links to some tutorials or
screenshots how the firewalli s done, i need to know what im doing wrong.

Thanks